The chimney liner–also called flue liner–is a device that is fitted inside the chimney to serve as insulation. Its primary purpose is to prevent the extreme heat, burning embers, and hazardous gases generated by a burning fireplace from entering your home. Given its crucial role of keeping you safe, and protecting your home from possible fires, the chimney liner should always be in good shape. However, you also have to learn when it’s time to have it replaced. The premier chimney repair expert in the area, Batts’ Chimney Services, answers some FAQs about chimney liner replacement.
- How do you tell if a chimney liner needs a replacement? You’ll need to have it inspected by a certified chimney technician like Batts’ Chimney Services. This way, you can accurately determine whether your home already needs a new chimney. Here are some of the warning signs our team watches out for:
- Excess condensation in the chimney
- Damage or deterioration in the clay tile liner
- Obvious indications of aging–the chimney liner may have already reached the end of its lifespan.
- Why do you need a new chimney liner? As mentioned before, a deteriorating chimney liner is a safety and health risk. It may have developed cracks and other openings that allow carbon monoxide, soot and other gases to escape the chimney and seep into your home. If the damage is only minor, you might get away with just having it replaced. But just to be safe, and to reduce the risk of fires, the better idea is to have it replaced promptly by a reliable chimney sweep like Batts’ Chimney Services.
- How much does it cost to replace a chimney liner? This will depend on the size, shape, and condition of the chimney, plus your choice of liner material. Batts’ Chimney Services can give you a detailed and accurate estimate so you’ll have a clearer idea on what to expect.
- What are your available options? Chimney liners come in cast-in-place (a specially formulated cement-like mixture with ceramic properties), metal and clay tile. Batts’ Chimney Services can help you explore your choices, and decide on the option that best fits your needs and budget.
Aside from professional chimney cleaning, Batts’ Chimney Services can also handle your chimney liner replacement. Expect only a smooth and worry-free experience when you choose us for the job. Call us today at (205) 956-8207 (Jefferson County) or (256) 660-1338 (Northeast Alabama) to schedule your consultation. We’d love to hear from you!